A Crash Course on Video Ads: Filmagic
Currently, digital video advertising is a huge trend. Small businesses are constantly on the lookout for professionals who have completed a basic video editing course. Basic video editing courses enable aspiring editors with the skills they need to create informative online video advertisements.
What is a Good Video Advertisement?
In any basic editing course, students are taught how to create effective video ads that enable brands to market their products to target customers.
A ‘good’ or effective video ad will have these qualities –
Short and To the Point –
- Since video ads are inherently small, getting the target audience’s attention immediately is vital. Every second matters, so starting the ad with impactful visuals, transitions, and audio effects is vital.
Focus on the Brand –
- In every basic video editing course, students are taught how to make certain objects, entities, or people the centre of attraction in the video. In ad videos, the brand is the main focus of attention, so editors must do their best to emphasise brand logos and the features that make the brand unique and different from others.
Optimal Length –
- The optimal length for video ads, especially the ones that are posted online, is 30-40 seconds (or less). The fundamental teaching of every basic editing course is to eliminate unnecessary content. Share the key message of the promotional video as quickly as possible so that you don’t lose viewers.
Calls to Action –
- All efficient video advertisements feature calls to action (CTAs) that encourage target audiences to take some form of action (e.g., buy a product). The CTAs need to be enhanced through graphic edits and colourised texts.
Creating an Effective Video Ad – Laying Out the Strategy
Now that we know what a ‘good’ video ad looks like, here’s how expert providers of basic editing courses strategise their editing plans –
- Show that the brand in question is solving an active problem.
- Create and stick to a final script from shooting to the final edit.
- Make sure the video ad is compatible with YouTube, Vimeo, and other popular video-sharing websites.
There are no substitutes for creativity in the world of the video ad production. Aspiring editors must appeal to their target audiences in the most creative way possible. Completing a professional video editing coursecan help professionals who aren’t confident about their innate creativity.
Editing Video Ads – The Key Steps
Since stories are inherently memorable and relatable, every basic video editing coursewill try to teach students how to create unique narratives just by editing.
Professionals who haven’t taken basic editing courses should work with editing companies. On the websites of these companies, there are varieties of ad templates available for free. Use templates to avoid silly editing mistakes.
Edit the Text Properly
Make sure all key brand-related messages are easily visible. Adding borders to the texts certainly helps in making the words more easily readable. Editors can also edit the text boxes to highlight certain value propositions of the brands that need to be heard louder.
Color variation is the perfect tool for creating instant impressions on target audiences. Audiences relate certain colors with certain brands. That’s why every basic video editing course provider teaches aspiring editors to use different and unique color schemes.
Be it text, brand logos, illustrations, or even shapes – placing the main information that’s being shared in the video strategically at the center of the screen is very important.
A/B Test Your Ads
Duplicate all of your previous video ads, and A/B test them to see what editing mistakes you may have made in the past. Repeat making the same editing mistakes again!
Every introductory video editing course creates a photography genius every year.